Full spectrum, broad spectrum and isolate CBD - what’s the difference?
Let’s start by looking at the various forms of CBD being marketed, and how the qualities of each form may influence your decisions.
- CBD isolate is often considered the ‘purest’ form of CBD. It’s the ideal product for CBD users who want to experience the benefits of cannabidiol as a food supplement, without the influence of other cannabis compounds. Because CBD isolate is refined, it has no discernible flavour nor odour.
- Full spectrum CBD contains all cannabis plant compounds, which means it may have a more complex physiological effect than CBD isolate. The multiple compounds available in full spectrum CBD have what is called an ‘entourage effect’ – this is where cannabis compounds other than tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) act synergistically to modulate the effects experienced. Generally speaking, full-spectrum CBD products may contain some THC, but at concentrations of less than 0.3%. It’s good to be aware that different manufacturing processes can influence TCH levels and independent test results are the only reliable way to ascertain the THC in any CBD product.
- Broad spectrum CBD has a very similar chemical profile to full-spectrum CBD in that it usually contains additional cannabis plant compounds. However broad-spectrum CBD definitely should have less than the 0.3% THC which may be found in full-spectrum products. Like full spectrum CBD, broad spectrum offers a richer entourage effect than CBD isolate.
So what’s the real difference between full spectrum and broad spectrum? It’s partly legal. In Europe, the maximum permitted concentration of THC is 0.2%. However, several countries within the EU insist on lower permitted percentages than 0.2%. In essence, the only significant difference between full spectrum and broad spectrum is that a broad spectrum oil is guaranteed to deliver no significant THC, making it more universally acceptable and avoiding any problems with local legislation.
Candropharm – as a European leader with a customer base in more than forty countries – has focused on creating bulk CBD-rich hemp oils that:
- meet customer need.
- achieve stringent quality standards.
- surpass legal requirements.
Candropure - a bulk CBD-rich broad spectrum hemp oil
This phytocannabinoid-rich broad spectrum hemp oil offers a high base of cannabinoids and terpenes and is free from adulteration with any other agent or ingredient. With a CBD profile of choice between 5% and 30%, this is the ideal hemp oil for manufacturers who require an oil with a guaranteed long-term quality. It’s also popular with retailers and with pharmaceutical companies who require a reliable, broad spectrum oil. Guaranteed free from additives and artificial flavourings, it also has a THC profile of THC LOQ < 0.01%.
Flavoured bulk CBD hemp oil - Candro Aroma
The constantly growing CBD market has increased demand on manufactures to create novel products that can be used in a variety of formats from drinks to shakes, from vapes to gels. Candropharm International has recognised the demand for pre-flavoured hemp oil and created Candro Aroma.
Comprising phytocannabinoid rich broad-spectrum hemp oil in a MCT oil carrier, Candro Aroma has specialist features that make it uniquely appealing. MCT is a fat-derived food supplement created from medium-chain triglycerides. MCT molecules are smaller than standard edible fats called long-chain triglycerides (LCT). AS a result MCT is easier to digest, more rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream and quickly converted to energy the body can use.
Candro Aroma offers three flavour choices:
Additionally, Candro Aroma arrives with a CBD profile of either 5% or 10% depending on customer needs. It also has a THC LOQ < 0.01% whilst maintaining its freight of cannabinoids and terpenes. Unadulterated with artificial additive and flavourings, this product, derived from natural ingredients, combines the value of a broad spectrum CBD oil with a delicious flavour and smooth mouth-feel. Flavoured bulk CBD hemp oil offers a clear benefit to customers who need the guaranteed quality of a broad spectrum hemp oil along with the palatability of globally popular flavours.
Minimum order quantity – 1 litre.
Candropharm’s commitment to customers
Delivering customer satisfaction in terms of product quality, purity, consistency and innovation is vital to Candropharm’s success. This is why we not only achieve internationally recognised quality standards, we also institute Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP) and provide Certificate of Analytics – COA – from an external and independent laboratory for our product line.
In addition to a perspective on client need in terms of product, Candropharm is committed to ensuring that it provides a uniquely customer-focused approach in terms of minimum order quantity (MOQ) and shipping.
WELCOME TO CANDROPHARM
Our ambition is to deliver safe, high quality products, produced to the highest standards, including: ISO9001:2015, ISO22000, ISO13485, GDP and GMP guidelines. We aim to meet, and exceed, the highest quality standards in the EU.
WHAT WE DO TODAY
We already ship to over forty countries worldwide, and we’re a leader and pioneer of the rapidly growing phytocannabinoid market.